Singhitarai (Domestic Coal Based) Thermal Power Project (TPP) is being implemented by Athena Chhattisgarh Power Limited (ACPL), in Singhitarai Village, Janjgir-Champa District of Chhattisgarh. The plant is planned to be developed in single stage with a total generation capacity of 1,200 MW (2 x 600 MW).
The first unit of the plant is expected to be commissioned in a period of 39 months from financial closure and the second is expected to be commissioned in 42 months from financial closure.
ACPL earlier has signed an Implementation Agreement with Government of Chhattisgarh (GoC) for the development of the project. Coal linkage for part of the project capacity has been granted. The project has also been accorded environmental clearance by Ministry of Environment and Forest.
For more information, visit: www.ath-chhattisgarh.in
- All statutory clearances have been received.
- Provisional " Mega Power " status received from Ministry of Power (MoP) in December, 2011.
- Financial closure achieved in March, 2011.
- Fuel Supply Agreement (FSA): LoA of the coal linkage for first unit of the project has been received from South Eastern Coalfields Limited (SECL) and FSA is expected to be signed shortly.
- Allotted Coal Block Status (Fatehpur East Coal Pvt. Ltd.): The State Government has cleared the prior approval for mining lease clearance and forwarded it to Ministry of Coal for final approval.
- EPC Contracts: All the contracts have been awarded.
-- BTG Contract: Signed with M/s. Dongfang Electric Company (DEC), China.
-- BOP Contract: Signed with M/s. Abir Infrastructure Private Limited.
-- Construction Contract: Signed with M/s. Abir Infrastructure Private Limited.
- Long Term Open Access (LTOA) for transmission facilities grant for 755 MW has been received from PGCIL and Bulk Power Transmission Agreement has been signed. Government of Chhattisgarh is in the process to apply for LTOA for transmission facilities for balance 445 MW.
- Power Sale: Long Term & Short Term have been PPA signed.
-- 444 MW:PPA signed with Chhattisgarh State Power Trading Company Limited, Chhattisgarh.
-- 150 MW:PPA signed with PTC for supply of 150 MW to Nepal Electricity Authority (NEA).
-- 200 MW:Participated in Case-1 bidding and shortlisted for supply of 200 MW to Rajasthan Rajya Vidyut Prasaran Limited (RRVPNL).
- Project Progress: 67% of the project completed till now.
- CSR Initiative: CSR initiatives of the company in the fields of Public Health, Education and Social Welfare are continuing in nearby villages.